Tuesday, June 16, 2009

After Levi


Can't seem to pull out of this sadness, depression, anger, I took the week off of work and all I'm doing is sleeping, in between taking care of the rest of the dogs. I really miss Levi, Mellow seems to miss him as well, he's spending a lot of time under the desk in Levi's old spot, Mellow never went under there before. Going to force myself to get going today.

I started Hannelore right after Levi was diagnosed, and finished the knitting just before he left us. Lots of tears in the lace, a lot of it was knitted while Levi was on the floor next to the couch within petting reach when he was still moving well enough to follow me everywhere, when I woke up at night checking to be sure he was OK and then knitted until I could go back to sleep. I managed to wash it and block it this weekend and its stored away, maybe someday it will just remind me of Levi as the wonderful companion he was, not of the devastating illness he suffered in the last month of his life.



No comments:

Post a Comment